Building Safety Into Your Project
Construction permits are required for all new construction and remodels. Construction permits are based on mandatory fire codes and building codes within the Town of Marana or Pima County, depending on where the project is located.
Below are some examples of new construction permit inspections performed:
- Final Inspection Required for CO
- Sprinkler System Rough Inspection*
- Temporary CO Inspection
- Sprinkler System Pressure Test*
- Fire Alarm Inspection*
- Sprinkler Underground*
- Preliminary Inspection
- Sprinkler System Final*
- Fire Suppression System*
- Inspection Fire Pump Start Up*
- Entrance Features
- Water Main Ext./Fire Hydrant Flow Test
- Standpipe* Please pretest these systems before scheduling an inspection.
To request an inspection, please call the NWFD Construction Inspection Line, 520-887-1010, ext. 5051. All inspection requests must be made at least two business days in advance.
Please provide the following information:
- Permit Number
- Exact address including suite number
- Name of project and type of occupancy
- Purpose for requiring an inspection
- A call back phone number, name of company and contact person’s name.
You will receive a confirmation of the date and time slot (morning or afternoon) for your scheduled inspection.
Please ensure that approved plans bearing Northwest Fire District’s stamp are present on the job site. No inspections or tests will be conducted without them.
For more information, please review the Construction Job Site Guide in our Contractor’s Guide.
The files available on this page are in PDF format.
If you are having trouble viewing them, click the button below to download Adobe Reader.