Program, Budgets and Reports
The Finance Department, led by Financial Director Dave Gephart, provides quality financial services to our citizens , the Board, employees, customers and vendors. Quality financial services include the following:
- Safeguarding assets of the District
- Providing friendly, timely, accurate, complete, and transparent reporting to both internal and external customers
- Meeting the demands of an evolving dynamic organization by pursuing continuous improvement in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, debt management, cash management, accounts payable, payroll, and accounts receivable
- Ensuring both the current and future financial well-being of the District
- Maintaining compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) and all other legal and financial requirements applicable to the District
Select a Program to view its details:
This section of the Finance Department leads the District in the development of the annual budget and five (5) year Capital Improvement Plan, incorporating the Strategic Plan of the District as a foundation for the document. Staff solicits input from various levels of the District, the Board, and the public before finalizing the document. During the fiscal year, staff monitors budget to actual reports, processes budget change requests, performs ad-hoc analyses to support executive staff, provides revenue and expenditure projections, and communicates budget issues to the District in a timely manner.
This section of the Finance Department operates the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, fixed asset and accounts receivable functions of the District. This includes exercising internal control policies which safeguard District assets. During the year, staff prepares and distributes monthly budget to actual reports to internal staff members for review. At year-end, staff assists in the annual audit by preparing workpapers, reconciliations, year-end adjustments and general ledger reports for the independent outside auditor.
This section provides leadership, support and guidance for all sections of Finance, and advises District management officials and the Board regarding financial matters. It oversees the debt management program (including bond issuances), cash management, and special projects. Staff annually reviews financial policies and procedures to ensure incorporation of best practices relevant to the public sector, as well as compliance with all legal and reporting requirements. In addition, this section manages project groups, outside consultants and financial advisors. Finally, it is responsible for preparing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and submits the report annually to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for grading.
Budgets and Reports
Budget – FY 2018 (Jul’17-Jun’18)
Capital Improvement Program Reports
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
The files available on this page are in PDF format. If you are having trouble viewing them, click the button below to download Adobe Reader.