Northwest Fire District
20 Hour Work Week Qualifies An Employee For Arizona State Retirement System
30 Hour Work Week Allows An Employee To Be Eligible For Medical Insurance
40 Hour/56 Hour Work Week Qualifies A Full-Time Employee For All Other Benefits
Affordable Care Act Full-Time Employee Definitions – Not required by law at this time
Northwest Fire District offers a comprehensive selection of reputable insurance carriers and options at Group Employee premium rates.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance information.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability (STD)
- CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company
Paid Time Off
- Based on years of service – Combined bank for vacation and sick time
- Annual Payout Program: The District provides an opportunity for members to request payment for up to one half (1/2) of the current fiscal year’s PTO accrual as long as the remaining PTO Bank balance is at or above the Short Term Disability Benchmark.
- 10 Paid Holidays Per Year
- New Year’s, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day , Independence Day, Labor Day , Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
Employee Assistance Programs
Post Employment Health Plan (PEHP)
Nationwide Retirement Systems Post Employment Health Plan (PEHP) is a health reimbursement arrangement that puts aside money now to help pay for qualified medical expenses upon separation or retirement.
- Deferred Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Med Support
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account